Christmas Miscellany: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Christmas (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Have you ever wondered why we celebrate Christmas the way we do? In this whimsical book, Jonathan Green tells you all about the fascinating stories behind our most beloved holiday traditions. Make yourself cozy by the fireplace, open up this fully illustrated treasure trove, and learn:
- Why we sing carols
- Why we burn Yule logs
- Why we hang stockings
- Why we kiss under the mistletoe
- Why we send greeting cards
- Why there are twelve days of Christmas
- And what is figgy pudding?
- Each chapter explores a different custom and its history: when and where it started, how it has changed over the centuries, and why we still love to recreate it today. You’ll learn why holly and ivy are important symbols, who Good King Wenceslas was, and why we eat turkey for Christmas dinner. Additional fun facts and trivia are sprinkled throughout, accompanied by classic illustrations. This is the perfect gift or stocking stuffer for curious-minded friends and family this holiday season!
About the Author
Jonathan Green is a teacher and writer. He is the author of Scottish Miscellany and Christmas Miscellany in addition to more than fifty other titles, including You Are the Hero. He lives in London, England.