Basil and the Lost Colony (The Great Mouse Detective #5) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 5 in the The Great Mouse Detective series.
- #1: Basil of Baker Street (The Great Mouse Detective #1) (Paperback): $5.99
- #2: Basil and the Cave of Cats (The Great Mouse Detective #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Basil in Mexico (The Great Mouse Detective #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Basil in the Wild West (The Great Mouse Detective #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #6: Basil and the Big Cheese Cook-Off (The Great Mouse Detective #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Basil and the Royal Dare (The Great Mouse Detective #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Basil and the Library Ghost (The Great Mouse Detective #8) (Paperback): $5.99
Named one of “13 Detective Book Series You Obsessed Over as a Kid” by Buzzfeed.com and the inspiration for a hit Disney film, the masterful Great Mouse Detective is back and scurrying off to solve the mystery of a Lost Colony in Switzerland.
Basil of Baker Street—mouse detective genius—is off on a perilous expedition leading thirty-two mice up a towering mountain. Their objective: to locate and rescue a famous colony of mice that have been missing for six centuries! A clue in the form of an arrow with strange markings has sent Basil scurrying off to Switzerland in search of the lost colony.
But the path is not smooth for our Sherlock Holmes of the Mouse World. Before he can solve this baffling mystery, he must confront the mysterious snow mouse and the sinister plots of evil Professor Ratigan, ruler of the mouse underworld!
About the Author
Eve Titus (1905–2002) wrote many books for children during her long career, including the Basil of Baker Street books and the Anatole series.
Paul Galdone (1907–1986) illustrated hundreds of children’s books, including the Basil of Baker Street series and the Anatole books, which received Caldecott Honors. He was posthumously awarded the 1996 Kerlan Award for his contribution to children’s literature.