Basil of Baker Street (The Great Mouse Detective #1) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Great Mouse Detective series.
- #2: Basil and the Cave of Cats (The Great Mouse Detective #2) (Paperback): $5.99
- #3: Basil in Mexico (The Great Mouse Detective #3) (Paperback): $5.99
- #4: Basil in the Wild West (The Great Mouse Detective #4) (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #5: Basil and the Lost Colony (The Great Mouse Detective #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: Basil and the Big Cheese Cook-Off (The Great Mouse Detective #6) (Paperback): $5.99
- #7: Basil and the Royal Dare (The Great Mouse Detective #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: Basil and the Library Ghost (The Great Mouse Detective #8) (Paperback): $5.99
Named one of “13 Detective Book Series You Obsessed over as a Kid” by Buzzfeed.com and the inspiration for a hit Disney film, the masterful Great Mouse Detective series is now available to a whole new generation of readers!
Basil—the famous sleuth of mousedom—lives in the cellar of Sherlock Holmes’s house. A devoted admirer of the great detective, he has learned his craft by listening at the feet of Holmes himself. But will it be enough to help Basil solve his most baffling mystery yet?
The Mystery of the Missing Twins is one of the strangest cases in Basil’s career. With only a few crumbs of clues with which to find answers, how is he ever going to figure out where Angela and Agatha are being kept—and, of course, who mouse-napped them! Will Basil’s mouse sleuthing skills be up to the task of finding the twins before it’s too late?
About the Author
Eve Titus (1905–2002) wrote many books for children during her long career, including the Basil of Baker Street books and the Anatole series.
Paul Galdone (1907–1986) illustrated hundreds of children’s books, including the Basil of Baker Street series and the Anatole books, which received Caldecott Honors. He was posthumously awarded the 1996 Kerlan Award for his contribution to children’s literature.