I Survived The California Wildfires, 2018 (I Survived #20) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 20 in the I Survived series.
- #1: I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912 (Prebound): $15.80
- #2: I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916 (Prebound): $16.80
- #3: I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005 (Prebound): $16.80
- #4: I Survived the Bombing of Pearl Harbor, 1941 (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #5: I Survived the San Francisco Earthquake, 1906 (I Survived #5) (Paperback): $5.99
- #6: I Survived the Attacks of September 11th, 2001 (Prebound): $16.80
- #7: I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863 (I Survived #7) (Paperback): $5.99
- #8: I Survived the Japanese Tsunami, 2011 (Prebound): $16.80
- #9: I Survived the Nazi Invasion, 1944: Book 9 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #10: I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, 79 A.D. (Prebound): $16.80
- #11: I Survived the Great Chicago Fire, 1871: Book 11 of the I Survived Series (MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #12: I Survived the Joplin Tornado, 2011 (I Survived #12) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #13: I Survived the Hindenburg Disaster, 1937 (Prebound): $16.80
- #14: I Survived the Eruption of Mount St. Helens, 1980 (I Survived #14) (Library Binding): $16.99
- #17: I Survived the Attack of the Grizzlies, 1967 (Prebound): Email or call for price.
- #19: I Survived The Great Molasses Flood, 1919 (I Survived #19) (Library Binding): $25.99
- #21: I Survived the Galveston Hurricane, 1900 (I Survived #21) (Paperback): $5.99
The people of Northern California were used to living with the threat of wildfires. But nothing could have prepared them for the devastating 2018 fire season, the deadliest in 100 years and the most destructive in history.
In the 20th I Survived book, readers join eleven-year-old Josh as he leaves his New Jersey home for the rural northern California town where his cousins live. Still reeling from the life-changing challenges that propelled him and his mother across the country, Josh struggles to adapt to a more rustic, down-to-earth lifestyle that couldn't be more different from the one he is used to.
Josh and his cousin bond over tacos and reptiles and jokes, but on a trip into the nearby forest, they suddenly find themselves in the path of a fast-moving firestorm, a super-heated monster that will soon lay waste to millions of acres of wilderness and -- possibly -- their town. Josh needs to confront the family issues burning him up inside, but first he'll have to survive the flames blazing all around him.
About the Author
"Tarshis successfully blends historical fact with an involving narrative." -- School Library Journal
Praise for I Survived the Destruction of Pompeii, AD 79:
"Tarshis serves up another gripping adventure... with the light-speed pacing and death-defying maneuvering fans have come to expect." -- Booklist
Praise for I Survived the Battle of Gettysburg, 1863:
"Informative and breathlessly paced." -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for I Survived The Attacks of September 11, 2001:
"[Tarshis] crafts a dramatic, emotionally intense tale that takes account of 9/11's physical and emotional costs -- short- and long-term -- while ending on an upward beat." -- Kirkus Reviews
Praise for I Survived Hurricane Katrina, 2005:
"Expressive illustrations capture the drama of the storm and its aftermath, but the book's real power comes from its exploration of what it means to be a hero." --Booklist
Praise for I Survived the Shark Attacks of 1916:
"A gripping story that will hold the interest of reluctant readers." -- School Library Journal
Praise for I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912:
"The fast pace and intrinsically fascinating disaster story will keep readers turning the pages." -- Kirkus Reviews