The 13-Story Treehouse (Special Collector's Edition): Monkey Mayhem! (The Treehouse Books #1) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the The Treehouse Books series.
- #2: The 26-Story Treehouse: Pirate Problems! (The Treehouse Books #2) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #3: The 39-Story Treehouse: Mean Machines & Mad Professors! (The Treehouse Books #3) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #4: The 52-Story Treehouse: Vegetable Villains! (The Treehouse Books #4) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #5: The 65-Story Treehouse: Time Travel Trouble! (The Treehouse Books #5) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #6: The 78-Story Treehouse: Moo-vie Madness! (The Treehouse Books #6) (Hardcover): $13.99
- #7: The 91-Story Treehouse: Babysitting Blunders! (The Treehouse Books #7) (Hardcover): $15.99
- #8: The 104-Story Treehouse: Dental Dramas & Jokes Galore! (The Treehouse Books #8) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #9: The 117-Story Treehouse: Dots, Plots & Daring Escapes! (The Treehouse Books #9) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #10: The 130-Story Treehouse: Laser Eyes and Annoying Flies (The Treehouse Books #10) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #11: The 143-Story Treehouse: Camping Trip Chaos! (The Treehouse Books #11) (Hardcover): $14.99
- #12: The 156-Story Treehouse: Holiday Havoc! (The Treehouse Books #12) (Hardcover): $14.99
New York Times bestselling author Andy Griffiths invites readers to come hang out with him and his friend Terry Denton in their 13-Story Treehouse—filled with Andy and Terry's signature slapstick humor!
Special collector's edition, now in stunning full color!
Andy and Terry live in a treehouse. But it's not just any old treehouse, it's the most amazing treehouse in the world!
This treehouse has thirteen stories, a bowling alley, a see-through swimming pool, a secret underground laboratory, and a marshmallow machine that follows you around and automatically shoots marshmallows into your mouth whenever you are hungry.
Life would be perfect for Andy and Terry if it wasn't for the fact that they have to write their next book, which is almost impossible because there are just so many distractions, including thirteen flying cats, giant bananas, mermaids, sea monsters pretending to be mermaids, enormous gorillas, and dangerous burp gas-bubblegum bubbles!
Join the fun with The 13-Story Treehouse.
This title has Common Core connections.
Read the whole series!
The 13-Story Treehouse
The 26-Story Treehouse
The 39-Story Treehouse
The 52-Story Treehouse
The 65-Story Treehouse
The 78-Story Treehouse
The 91-Story Treehouse
The 104-Story Treehouse
The 117-Story Treehouse
The 130-Story Treehouse
The 143-Story Treehouse
The 156-Story Treehouse
About the Author
Andy Griffiths is the New York Times bestselling author of The Day My Butt Went Psycho!, Zombie Butts from Uranus!, and Butt Wars! The Final Conflict, as well as the Treehouse Series and Killer Koalas from Outer Space. In 2007, he became the first Australian author to win six children’s choice awards in one year for Just Shocking! He is passionate about inspiring a love of books in his young readers, and works as an ambassador for the Indigenous Literacy Project, which provides books and literacy resources to remote indigenous communities around Australia. Andy is a big fan of Dr. Seuss and of cauliflower. He lives in Melbourne, Australia, and is Australia’s most popular children’s writer.
Terry Denton is known for his humorous illustration style and has worked with Andy Griffiths on the Treehouse series and the JUST! books among others. He lives by the sea in Australia with his wife, three kids, and a pop-up toaster that only toasts on one side.
“A series starter that will appeal to fans of Jeff Kinney and Dav Pilkey . . . A treat for all . . . And guess what? It makes for good tree house reading.” —Booklist
“Fans of Jeff Kinney's Diary of a Wimpy Kid and Lincoln Peirce's Big Nate series will be drawn to this book, while parents will enjoy the absence of snarky humor.” —School Library Journal
“Longtime collaborators Griffiths and Denton (Killer Koalas from Outer Space) get metafictional in their latest book (first published in Australia), and the result is anarchic absurdity at its best. Young buddies Andy and Terry live together in the sort of tree house that kids dream about, complete with bowling alley, shark tank, vines to swing from, and underground laboratory.” —Publishers Weekly, starred review
“Boys in particular will like the burping contests, gross creatures, and ridiculous choices that Terry and Andy make throughout the book. And as if killer mermaids are not enough, there are sea monkeys. And a giant gorilla. And a giant banana. And the return of the catnary. See? Silly, ridiculous fun. Kids will love it.” —Kris Sauer, Children's Literature