The Thrifty Guide to the American Revolution: A Handbook for Time Travelers (The Thrifty Guides #2) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 2 in the The Thrifty Guides series.
- #1: The Thrifty Guide to Ancient Rome (The Thrifty Guides #1) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #3: The Thrifty Guide to Ancient Greece: A Handbook for Time Travelers (The Thrifty Guides #3) (Hardcover): $13.99
From the publishing house that brought you the Who Was? books comes the next big series to make history approachable, engaging, and funny!
The Thrifty Guide to the American Revolution provides useful information for the practical time traveler, like:
• Where can I find a decent hotel room in colonial New England? Are major credit cards accepted?
• How do I join the Boston Tea Party without winding up in a British prison?
• How can I score a lunch with Alexander Hamilton?
This guide answers these fiery, burning questions with the marshmallows of information. There is handy advice on how to join Paul Revere’s spy ring at the Green Dragon Tavern, how to enlist in General Washington’s rebel army, and how to summon the strength to storm a British gun battery when you haven’t eaten for three days.
If you had a time travel machine and could take a vacation anywhere in history, this is the only guidebook you would need!
"Stokes’s practice as a screenwriter is evident; readers will feel like they’re in a blockbuster film. A high interest video game–like exploration of the American Revolution."--School Library Journal
"An entertaining introduction to America's War for Independence conveyed with enough kid-friendly humor that it may make those who dismiss history as a bore reconsider."--Kirkus Reviews
"Easy to read, will engage reluctant readers of history, and spur discussions."--School Library Connection