Benefits of Hosting a Book Fair
There are many good reasons to host a book fair at your school.
- Book fairs give children a motivation to read by offering them a wide selection of books to choose from that they can look at before they decide to buy. Our book fairs give them an even bigger selection because we get books from many different publishers.
- They help raise money for the school library and reading programs. This can greatly help if you, like many schools, have experienced a budget cut in your school library.
- They give parents and kids an opportunity to pick out and read books together. This increases the likelihood that they will want to continue reading.
- They give you the chance to instill a love of reading that lasts a lifetime. What could possibly be a more lasting impression?
- They give teachers a chance to see and buy books they might want for their classroom. We offer these teachers discounts during the book fair as well as after.
In addition to these, there are several reasons to choose Lowry's Books over the big companies.
- We can get quality literature from any publisher. This is something that the big guys won't even consider.
- We offer real books with real bindings, not cheap paperback versions that fall apart after a while.
- We fill our BOOK fair with BOOKS. We don't include money-wasting toys, pens or junk (unless requested).
- If you choose to take your book fair profits in store credit instead of cash, you can use it on ANY book in print, not just a handful of books from a set list. Again this is something that the big guys won't do.
- In addition to new books, if you want we also will include gently used books for students who may not have much money to spend and teachers who want to stay well within their budgets.
- We offer book fairs in three different ways, tabletop, a self-contained trailer or rolling carts (our number of rolling carts is limited so booking early is a good idea.)